6/18/2016

Minion

Dear Minion,

                     In retrospect, I realize that I used to think the only thing you and I have in common is the 19th letter of the alphabet and I admit I couldn't have been more wrong. To be very honest, you had always been an enigma to me and I had never thought we would ever talk. However, a loquacious person that I am, one message was all it took to get the ball rolling.

I tried jogging my memory but I don't remember how we bumped into each other in the first place; I am just glad that we did. "Finally someone who uses the word sitcom!!", you'd said and that was the moment when it hit me like a bolt of lightning; this is gonna be one fun ride for sure. Those talks which were always limited to either Harry Potter and F.R.I.E.N.D.S soon started to grow into much more. Also, calling us "Potterheads" would be an understatement.

It's astounding how we always manage to come up with the most horrendous stories one could ever read and then curse all the people on this planet who call it "dark". Come to think of it, how is the idea of a boyfriend murdering his girlfriend dark!! But we can only justify ourselves to so many people, right? And this is the reason I ask you if you find my stories weird or crazy or insane because the day when the words - "Ok, maybe this is too weird" - escape your mouth, I might have to reconsider it. We sure enjoy the days when we do nothing but talk about all the random stuff like how do we like our coffee or how I don't like going to college or how nice it would be if we studied at Hogwarts...You're one of the few people who knows that I believe that Harry Potter is real and still not find me crazy and I like that. Sometimes, the similarities between us make me wonder if we are clones of each other but then again we have these differences which bring me back on track - how could anyone not like Marvel though?!! (Not judging, just saying) I am not gonna mention all the similarities because that may go on for a while but the most important one is that you love coffee.

You have listened to me whenever I am being too voluble and you do manage to reply with the funniest minion stickers that crack me up, so you can give yourself some credit. I would like to thank you for existing and  I have a strong feeling that our journey on the Hogwarts express is a never ending one because if you'd be Harry then I'd be Luna.(Why always Harry and Hermione references, eh?)

Love always,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment