It really befuddles me when a person says, "Describe yourself in one word." or "Do you like socializing a lot?" or "How would you describe your relation with so and so person" because I have never been able to figure out how to say - "Okay, no offence but I am not a very people friendly person", without offending them. So whenever there's a lot going on my mind, I choose to either read something or write a new post. Today, I chose the latter one. To those of you who don't know, it's really bad when you have a perfectly good thought but no words to express them...You know what's worse?..Having so many words frolicking around but you fail to put them in a manner which doesn't sound too incoherent and you end up staring at the screen for so long that it seems like eternity.
*staring at the monitor and typing sentences and realizing that they don't make any sense, so deleting them eventually*
Do you remember the 1st day of your school? It might be a bit nebulous but you must still remember it in bits and pieces. The not seeing your mom for 5 hours part sure was scary; however it wasn't that much of an issue for me because I had her. She has been a part of my life since the time when I didn't even understand what our bond meant; I called her 'Di' because my mom said so; she loved me like an elder sister when we couldn't even spell 'sister'.
You must be thinking how did I jump from me not being a people friendly person to my sister loving me like she does. Well, she is one of the few people who knows how I am and doesn't mistake it for rudeness. She knows that if I don't like a certain person it just means that I don't like that person for no apparent reason and not that I am some kind of freak who doesn't befriend anyone. She understands the fact that I don't like to share my chocolate thick-shake; I am not saying she's very supportive about the same but she understands. She's the person I call in the middle of the night with teary eyes and a choked throat because I got all my reading comprehensions wrong. She's the person who shared all the first times with me; we used to do almost everything together - we got our first cursive writing book together, we got our first bikes on the same day, at the same time, we learnt how to drive a two wheeler together - she taught me how ridiculous it is to drive at the speed of 20 kmph, we even came up with our first lie together and the after effects were horrible but the experience was salutary.
She's the person who introduced me to the world of novels and of Harry Potter. I will never forget the times when we used to make paper wands and mimic scenes from the movie; she always got to be Harry and I never seemed to have any problem with that (though now I wonder why). She taught me that it's completely okay to be a weirdo and to look at stars as long as they make you happy. She knows when something is bugging me and she might be dying to ask - "What" but she doesn't; the only reason being I don't like it. We'd probably have a chocolate, make some sandwiches and I'll be fine.
Sometimes, we take so much for granted that we realize its worth when the things we took for granted are going to change. This would be my thank you note to her, for being the coolest and sassiest sister I could have wished for, for understanding all of my unintelligible words which made no sense to me, for being the perfect amalgam of Dumbledore and Harry.
Dumbledore and Harry!!! Honestly that did it!!! You are the sweetest sister anyone could ever have or hope for!!! <3 Hermione is the smartest though...
ReplyDeleteYea I know, that's why I am Hermione....
DeleteYou are totally Luna and not a bit Hermione !! :P
ReplyDelete