11/21/2016

Answers.

The thing about answers that amuses me is the fact that not having them annoys us so much that we'd rather come up with some chimerical version of the same than admitting a simple statement "I don't know". In your defense, it's the way things have been ever since we started growing up. We're accustomed to be in our comfort zone; we'd go in state of turmoil even if our pinky toe crosses the border.

When my brother was little, he loved hiding in the closet, waiting for me to find him and I played along in the beginning. A couple of days later however, I stopped looking and soon enough he got tired of waiting, making me switch to some other game. Funny, isn't it? The way toddlers' mind works and the way they can jump from one thing to other without making any fuss. A few years pass and the same toddlers are attacked with never ending questions. "So, what next?" or "When will you act like a grown up?" or "Don't you think it's time to think about your marriage?" or "Ever wondered why you're not girly?" - we're constantly surrounded by these. As if this wasn't enough we develop the habit of self-interrogation. "Does he love me?", "What if I don't make it through this semester?", "Will I ever fall in love?" and the list goes on. 

Of all the complexities existing in this universe, what befuddles me is this tendency of having everything sorted, of not being okay with uncertainty, of not having a bit of patience so that things fall into perspective, of not being that toddler who knew how to move on. Do something because you want to, without any reasons, ignoring all the what ifs and maybes because they're there to stay, now and forever. People will frown upon some of these but trust me, there's only so much one can frown; they're bound to give up.

The way I see it, it's quite simple. Maybe everything would fall into perspective if you stop trying too hard and maybe the answers would grow tired of hiding in the closet if you stop looking for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment