It was four years ago that I started blogging. I wouldn't say I was an exceptional writer but I liked writing. My post would get 50 hits and I'd be the happiest kid.
I have no apparent reason for not posting new blog posts anymore. I did write. I wrote more frequently than I used to. I just never posted anything on my blog. Recently, it hit me that this was supposed to be one of the many little things that made me happy; that could make my day go from "I don't want to adult anymore" to "Everything in my life makes sense now." and I figured if I cannot find time for something that makes me happy, I am doing something wrong.
So, here I am writing my first post of 2019 with the hope that I update my blog at least on a monthly basis and what better way than to make a list of things 2018 taught me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. There are very few things pizza cannot fix. You might gain a little weight but you also gain perspective so I think it's a fair deal.
2. You cannot split people into just two categories - people you love and people you don't love. Some people can be like one of those foods you eat but are not really fond of. My sister told me this and it does make sense, at least in theory.
3. You need to make time for things that make you happy - it doesn't have to be something that everyone comprehends as long as it makes you do your happy dance.
4. It is alright to believe in magic and unicorns and fairies. It's not called living a lie, it's called hanging on to something that keeps you going when the truth is too brutal to digest.
5. Up until now, I used to believe that you cannot stop loving someone - you cannot unlove people - I used to say. 2018 taught me how wrong I was. As it turns out, you can stop loving someone who meant the world to you at some point in your life just like you started loving someone who didn't even exist for you at some point in your life. So, my new belief says, you can unlove people, but it's not something that happens overnight.
6. Sharing your poetry is not easy, it doesn't matter if you're sharing it with 20 people or 200 people. However, you can perform it like you own the room if you do not let the fear of being judged crawl in.
7. Moving to a new city can be overwhelming. Give it some time and the city will start to grow on you. I promise. You will find places that feel just like home and everything will be alright.
8. You won't need to manage the busy schedule and the time difference to stay in touch with people who matter to you. The time difference will take care of itself as long as you care enough to make that one phone call/send that one text message to make your day/night a little bit better. Long distance is only as complicated as you want it to be.
9. There will be times when you'll feel lost and it's alright. Wander around instead of trying to find your way back home, and who knows, you might hit a jackpot.
10. I am going to end my list with the words of one of my favorite authors, J. K. Rowling - "Personal happiness lies in knowing that life is not a checklist of acquisition. Your qualifications are not your life."
-------------------------------------------------------------
I have no apparent reason for not posting new blog posts anymore. I did write. I wrote more frequently than I used to. I just never posted anything on my blog. Recently, it hit me that this was supposed to be one of the many little things that made me happy; that could make my day go from "I don't want to adult anymore" to "Everything in my life makes sense now." and I figured if I cannot find time for something that makes me happy, I am doing something wrong.
So, here I am writing my first post of 2019 with the hope that I update my blog at least on a monthly basis and what better way than to make a list of things 2018 taught me.
-------------------------------------------------------------
1. There are very few things pizza cannot fix. You might gain a little weight but you also gain perspective so I think it's a fair deal.
2. You cannot split people into just two categories - people you love and people you don't love. Some people can be like one of those foods you eat but are not really fond of. My sister told me this and it does make sense, at least in theory.
3. You need to make time for things that make you happy - it doesn't have to be something that everyone comprehends as long as it makes you do your happy dance.
4. It is alright to believe in magic and unicorns and fairies. It's not called living a lie, it's called hanging on to something that keeps you going when the truth is too brutal to digest.
5. Up until now, I used to believe that you cannot stop loving someone - you cannot unlove people - I used to say. 2018 taught me how wrong I was. As it turns out, you can stop loving someone who meant the world to you at some point in your life just like you started loving someone who didn't even exist for you at some point in your life. So, my new belief says, you can unlove people, but it's not something that happens overnight.
6. Sharing your poetry is not easy, it doesn't matter if you're sharing it with 20 people or 200 people. However, you can perform it like you own the room if you do not let the fear of being judged crawl in.
7. Moving to a new city can be overwhelming. Give it some time and the city will start to grow on you. I promise. You will find places that feel just like home and everything will be alright.
8. You won't need to manage the busy schedule and the time difference to stay in touch with people who matter to you. The time difference will take care of itself as long as you care enough to make that one phone call/send that one text message to make your day/night a little bit better. Long distance is only as complicated as you want it to be.
9. There will be times when you'll feel lost and it's alright. Wander around instead of trying to find your way back home, and who knows, you might hit a jackpot.
10. I am going to end my list with the words of one of my favorite authors, J. K. Rowling - "Personal happiness lies in knowing that life is not a checklist of acquisition. Your qualifications are not your life."
-------------------------------------------------------------
I also learnt a few of these, especially 1&5. You penned(or typed) it down very well.
ReplyDeleteThank you! Also, Pizza is what we live for :)
Delete