12/17/2015

Embracing the Inevitable

Everyone, during each phase of their life, has had that one friend with whom they do the kind of random stuff which may be perceived as childish or silly if viewed from a third person's perspective. Am I right ? Yes?

Well, I know that..because when she says "Let's play our game", I know what she is talking about.

We have done all sorts of random stuff , where she pretends to be me and I pretend the other way round or the rapid fire where we cross question each other just to check how much we know about each other and get mad if the other person answers incorrectly..But the most exciting "game" of ours was exchanging quotes. Yeah, I know you guys wouldn't find it so interesting but trust me, we used to love it..sending random screenshots of quotes to each other was "our thing".

So, we were just talking the other day, a lil of this, a lil of that, when she shoots a question at me,"When are u gonna publish your second post??" I was quiet for a moment because frankly, I had no clue what I was gonna write about. "Why don't you suggest me something and I'll give it a go", I said, oblivious to the fact that she had the idea all set in her mind.

It's funny, how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different. This was what she replied and said, " How about this??."

I was all set to write about this particular quote, but it's a bit frustrating when you have a great thought but can't find a way to put it into words.So I quit fiddling with the keys of my keyboard and started listening to music instead. It was today, that she reminded me of my pending post and I gave it a whirl. 

Changes - well, I was the kind of girl who was never up for changes because I always had it fixed in my mind that changes can never be good. Somewhere down the lane however, that changed and I am glad that it did. I never realized the extent up to which my life had altered until today.All you've got to do is hit the rewind button of your life and stop at the same date as today, the only difference being 2014 instead of 2015..you'd be lying if you say your life hasn't changed even a single bit..and if you're not then I am sorry, but, you, my dear friend are leading a very stagnant life. Don't just focus on the moments you cried your eyes out but also on all the new things that make you smile. Things are different, right ? That's how it has got to be..we just don't know it until we give it a thought. We all have the option of either embracing the change with a smile on our face or get stuck and never hit the "play" button..I'd definitely go with the embracing part because that way,I know I am going somewhere. So what if things are different, if they were supposed to be the same then why does the earth go around the sun and the months & the days & the hours change ?!! 

There is no forever in life..the concept of eternity itself is vague..there was a time before and there'll be a time after..your life depends on what you make of the time in between. 

Another beautiful quote to go with, "Change is inevitable, Progress is optional."

No comments:

Post a Comment