A hot cup of coffee, a couple of blankets and a Harry Potter novel - a perfectly good way to spend a long & cold winter night. Sometimes, it makes me wonder, how a novel changes our way of thinking completely. You start believing in things like magic, you start wishing that a flick of wand would make everything fall into place...But the part that always reaches out to my heart is the bond of friendship shared between Harry and Hermione.
Their journey had begun on the Hogwarts Express and as J.K.Rowling has well said,"There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them." From that point on, this little journey never wavered. I just love the way they laugh together, fight with each other but then go back to being as if nothing had ever happened because they have important stuff to share, the way they can always rely on each other. While reading Harry Potter, somewhere deep down, I always pictured both of them getting together and I was annoyed a lot when it was Ron and not Harry.
There have been times when I've felt envious of Hermione for having a friend like Harry. She doesn't have to say it out loud for him to understand, one look at her and he knows something is bugging her. When they are together there is no such thing as awkward silence, because even silence is equally comfortable for both of them. She was ready to face his wrath rather than getting him into a life endangering situation..Apparently,she didn't understand Quidditch the way he did but there was no joking around when it was his life at stake.They had never confided about their feelings for Ginny or Ron to each other, but somehow it was never necessary.
I know, I did not mention Ron anywhere..and admittedly he was a very integral part of their lives but I couldn't help myself but think about the times when a silent war was going on between Ron and Hermione or a tiff between Harry and Ron..Even during these times, there was not a single time that Harry and Hermione's friendship took a detour.They always had each other's back, be it while fighting a giant snake in Godric's Hollow or while completing a Potion's essay. Ron always used to come around after leaving but Harry..he never left and that always touches my heart.
Frankly speaking, I am a bit obsessed with Harry Potter..It doesn't matter how many times I've read it, I still enjoy rereading it over and over again. It's true how some stories stay with us till eternity and so will Harry Potter.While most of the girls dream of having a perfect boyfriend like they show in the movies and novels..Here I am, dreaming of having a best friend like Harry. Harry Potter made me realize that sometimes a best friend can understand you a bit more than you do yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment