1/16/2016

Nostalgia

"It would have been fun if he was here with us...", while saying this to my sister, it struck me like lightning that things have changed after all. Going down the memory lane and thinking about all the crazy times I've had with them always puts a smile up on my face. Siblings - the people that you grow up with, the people you get so used to that you can not imagine getting out of your bed without seeing their face, the people with whom you fight like monsters but still never forget to share the last piece of chocolate with them or the people who sometimes get you pissed just by their mere existence. I never quite got the hang of being raised alone, the obvious reason being that they were always around.

You know how we always wish that someone would love us for the way we are, without any freaking changes, without complaining about your arrogance or idioticity or immaturity. Well, they do and we don't even realize it until one day when we are left only with the memories of the laughter and insanity. Since we went to same school, lived in the same city - within walking distance and celebrated all the festivals together, I always thought that's how it's gonna be forever. Little did I know that we would grow up and would have to think of stepping out in the real world and make decisions we never thought of making...I remember the day like it was yesterday when we couldn't find our brother anywhere in the house and panicked and searched almost the entire neighbourhood only to find him playing under the water tap in the backyard or his first day in school when he had cried his eyes out because his bubble of being in the same class as me had burst as I stepped out of the school van, leaving him behind or the time when I had fought with my sister coz I thought she had cheated in the game of ludo or the time when I used to throw the entire board of picnic game because I was too frustrated waiting for the six on their dice..Even today we laugh so hard at those little things....It had never occurred to me that those little things would take up so much room in my heart...

Yes, there have been times when they get on my nerves to an extent that I wish to throw them off a cliff but that's beauty of it all. You can not live with them peacefully nor can you live without them. I couldn't help but laugh when they get an earful from mum n dad. They can hit you in your face and you'd hit them back and you don't need a sorry to end the fight. A day of not talking to each other speaks for itself and then you bounce back to being normal and find other ways of ripping their head off. And the fun lies in not being the same at all. It's like north and south poles of the earth, like if you say day they'd say night and if you say black they'd say white. Each one has got such a weird sense of humour that others would call them retards but you understand it no matter what. They are the people who used to laugh like hippies when i cried over broken hair clips or freak out on not finding a book and I still would't mind. They were my first friends and will remain so forever. Life teaches you a lot many things in a lot many ways but they taught me to let things go, that not everyone you meet is not necessarily a carbon copy of yours and it's okay, you can still be the best of friends, that distance is not the problem if it's not in your hearts and most importantly, they made me realize that we all are extraordinary in our own lil ordinary way.

Then, one day we all got scattered, in different parts of the world figuring out what to do with our life. There were times when every single day was spent together and now we can do nothing but anticipate the day when we'd have a day out of our busy schedule. I guess we take a lot of things in life for granted..it's only later that we realize that of all the things that we fuss about, those lil things would be the ones that would make us nostalgic...


No comments:

Post a Comment