Wasting no time in putting my stuff in the right place, I opened my window and stepped out in the balcony. Finally, after a tedious week,the much anticipated weekend was here, when he would come home. The lights in his room were still off, so I decided to lie down for a while, till he returns from his hostel.As always, I was eagerly waiting for him, to tell him how much I miss him and his 'full 'smile when he is away and how I hate the fact that our colleges were not close-by.We have been together, initially as friends & then a lil more than that, for the past 7 years, since I moved in to an entirely new place. You know how you just click with some people...he was one of the few. He lives next door and the fact that his balcony is just a couple of inches from mine is the cherry on the cake. So he jumps in when everything is quite and calm and peaceful and we talk for hours, sometimes just lie on our backs appreciating the sky, so full of stars. I don't know how it happened, when it happened but in the midst of all the silly talks and laughs, we had fallen in love. I remember the walk like it was yesterday..
We were lying down, watching the stars when he said, "Let's go for a walk.." I was a bit taken aback but agreed nevertheless. It was a perfect night, when it's cold but not too cold to go out for a stroll. Everything was peaceful, just the way we liked it. He broke the silence by pointing at the park, "Remember that park??" I laughed, "Oh, how can I forget..you pushed me on the swing so hard that I fell down and didn't talk to you for an entire hour." He looked into my eyes this time, "Trust me, the silence was deafening.." we were not walking anymore, just standing in the middle of the street and he took my hands into his. Somewhere deep down, I knew what he was gonna say but I let him continue because I had been dying to hear it. "Listen", he began, "I've been meaning to tell you something. I know how you don't believe in love and how you think that no one's ever gonna fall for you..well, you cannot be more wrong, for I've fallen in love with you". I opened my mouth to speak but he shushed me and continued, "There is no other person with whom I'd imagine to spend my life with. My life would be meaningless without the sound of your laughter or the cheesy quotes from your crazy novels. You are just adorable when you say stuff that is childish and mature at the same time. You cry at the stupidest things one can ever imagine and I want to be there for you, to wipe off all the tears, no matter how stupid the reason was. I love the way you don't care how you look or talk or laugh or smile when you're with me..I love it even more when you can't dance but still try to because I insist and believe me or not, you are the only person I want to dance all my dances with..You think that people don't like your messy hair or the gap in your teeth but I love them, like you would be incomplete without them. I know you would consider all this idiotic but I promise to love you today, tomorrow and forever."
He caught a tear rolling down my cheek and smiled, "I can't promise to introduce you to Maroon 5 or Coldplay though." At this, I laughed and cried at the same time but said nothing. This was a lot to take into. The day I'd been dreaming about was here and all I could say was, "We should probably go home..It's getting late." He wanted to say something but looked at me instead and nodded. The walk to our home was silent but not at all awkward. I was lost in my thoughts and he was okay with it, which I liked about him a lot. We had reached his doorstep. He was just about to step inside when I held his hand and said, "Yes, I don't believe in love but that was because I never thought you would fall for me, and for me, no one else but you, was worth falling for..I have never anticipated the weekends as I do now, because that's the only time that I get to see you.You are the best thing that ever happened to me 'coz I don't have to put up a mask when I'm with you, I can be "me" and you find it completely normal. And everything you just said is the opposite of idiotic..You've got no clue as to how long I've been waiting for this moment." He was either surprised or shocked or both but showed me his full smile, the one that I loved when I whispered, "Yes, I love you to the moon and back, Today.Tomorrow. Forever."
He called my name and broke my trance and I rushed to the balcony to see him. "Whoa.." he took me in his arms and said, "Someone has been missing me." I didn't say anything but hugged him back tightly. "Wanna go for a walk?", he whispered in my ear. I looked up at him, and sure enough, he was grinning. I smiled and buried my face into his chest.His scent was so exhilarating that I could barely get the words out of my mouth but somehow managed to say, "Only if it's with you..."
No comments:
Post a Comment